Modern cars, light trucks, and sport-utility vehicles come with complex
technology such as digital dashboards, oxygen sensors, electronic computers,
unibody construction, and more. They run better, longer, and more
efficiently than models of years past. However, they eventually need to be
Before taking your vehicle in for repairs or service, do your homework so you receive the best possible service.
- Read the owner's manual to learn about the vehicle's systems and components.
- Follow the recommended service schedules.
- Keep a log of all repairs and service.
- Do not ignore any warning signals your car may give you.
- Carry a written list of the symptoms that you can give your mechanic.
- Resist the temptation to suggest a specific course of repair. Allow our experienced technicians to diagnose and recommend a remedy.
- It's important to note when the problem occurs. Is it constant or periodic? Does it occur when the vehicle is cold or after the engine has warmed up? Does it happen at all speeds? Only under acceleration? During braking? When shifting?
Check for the following common vehicle maintenance issues on a regular basis:
- Unusual sounds, odors, drips, leaks, smoke, warning lights, gauge readings.
- Changes in acceleration, engine performance, gas mileage, fluid levels.
- Worn tires, belts, hoses.
- Problems in handling, braking, steering, and vibrations.
- When did the problem first start?
How to manage your service experience:
- Ask as many questions as needed to fully understand your repair. Ask for an explanation in laymans terms if necessary.
- Don't rush the technicians. You may be called and apprised of the problem, course of action, and cost before work begins.
- Before you leave, be sure you understand shop policies regarding labor rates, guarantees, and acceptable methods of payment.
- Make sure the shop has your contact information readily available, so you can be reached as soon as possible.
The nicest guys! I've took my car due to a flat tire and was very pleased with promptness and very reasonable with pricing. Recently I took it in due to low pressure in one of my tires and they checked all of my tires and filled them up with air. Great customer service! I always refer people to McClures now! Thanks guys!
Honest and Reliable
Haven't ever purchased tires before and really dreaded doing so. Told Matt, at McClure's, I needed help. He gave me 2 quotes, high and low end. I, then, did a lot of research locally, shopped Costco, also tried purchasing thru Amazon, and having someplace local install tires. McClure's was the best quote. I called Matt back on Friday, set appointment for 9am Monday. My son met me at McClure's at 9am. Matt said about an hour, son & I went out for breakfast, Matt called at 10:07, car was ready for pick up. Cost was below what was quoted. McClure's made what I expected to be a nightmare experience a very comfortable experience. They will be my go to garage for all car needs. Nice feeling to know I've found trustworthy people.